Sunday, August 23, 2009

Round Two

Since we had such a blast camping at Priest Lake in July, we decided to try it once more last week. The trip did not disappoint. I love the peaceful beauty of Priest, and the kids can't get enough of the outdoors - collecting rocks, throwing them in the lake, splashing in the water, riding their trikes, hiking, s'mores, sleeping in the tent & all. Grammie and Poppa are thorough packers and are always sure to provide plenty of wine as well as the essentials!!


The view from our campsite. Love it.




Yep, collecting more rocks.



Playing with Poppa.



Grace doesn't understand why she should have to wear a swimsuit top if Isaac doesn't have to...at this point I don't have good reason for her.



Hiking with two of my loves.


We tried to drive to a great spot to find huckleberries, but I'm afraid I messed up the directions...needless to say, there were no huckleberries to be found. Since their buckets were empty, Grammie was helping Grace & Isaac find another use for them.




Only their second experience with s'mores, but they are a definite highlight for both Grace & Isaac. Can you tell I'm having to hold Isaac back from jumping into the fire pit?!


My youngest love.



Boy, do they enjoy each other! Thanks for another great trip Grammie & Poppa.

4 comments:

mws said...

yeah!!!! I came back...I know it is REALLY late but there you are! FUNNNNNN pics...so precious! Thanks for sharing these memories!

Adam, Cary and AJ said...

so cute....Priest is one of our family's favorites too!!!

Kelli said...

Haha. Elizabeth- I am laughing out loud. It was so good to see you a few weeks ago. I will be back through Spokane around the 9th or so, but will give you a call. I can't wait to see how huge the kids are getting. I am glad Grace is a free bird. :)

Ellen said...

Oh how we treasured our time with you all!! looking forward to many camping trips in the future!