Anyway, here are a few of the highlights from the past couple of weeks.
Mimi, Poppa & I took the kids out on their first motorboat ride. We went down to the Snake River in Lewiston & had quite the adventure. The kids loved it until I got in the water to ski. Apparently Mom being pulled behind a boat at high speeds is not their idea of a good time. I, on the other hand, had a blast!
Grace & Isaac love horses, and are quick to point them out when we're in the car. One of Mimi's teacher friends owns horses and let Grace & Isaac come over for a morning of horse time. They were pretty tickled about getting to feed and ride Annie.
What is summer without a picture in the wheat fields of the Palouse?! This was right after the horse adventure, and apparently they were ready for naps - there is not a single smile in this entire batch of photos.
Playing in our new sandbox!! I have finally given into the fact that this is simply not the season of my life for the beautiful, luscious garden that I picture each spring. So, Poppa turned one of my garden boxes into a sandbox for the kids - a much more practical use for the space at this point...and hours of fun!
Our beloved Kim was in town for a wedding and came over to spend a morning with us. The kids counted down the days all week until it was "Kim day."
Lots of time in the wagon, strollers, front yard, back yard, and various parks. I don't think the three of them will fit in the wagon together much longer.
We also had a great visit from Papa Mark & Nana Lucy recently. They have been out in West Virginia (where Mark is stationed with the Reserves) and were eager to see the kiddos. I think the highlight of the trip was a huge water fight with the neighbors that Lucy instigated - everyone was soaked!! Nana Lucy will be back again soon, but Mark has already returned to West Virginia.



No comments:
Post a Comment