Why yes, it's true (I keep having to remind myself), that beautiful new ring really is mine and better yet, given by one of the most remarkable men I have ever known. How does a girl get to be so lucky?! Eric asked me to marry him last week and I, of course, said yes! I have had these pictures uploaded for a few days now, but have lacked the words to articulate what is in this full, grateful heart of mine.
Ephesians 3 keeps ringing true in my head, and Paul says it better than I could anyway:
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine...to him be the glory forever and ever. Amen"
I am still awed by the immense gift of this love and the faithfulness of God who gives abundantly more than we can even imagine.
Isaac, Grace & Eli adore Eric and were thrilled when I talked with them about Mommy marrying Eric. I know their young minds cannot comprehend all that this will mean, but the conversation was pretty priceless nonetheless.
What a journey it has been already and the next chapter is just beginning....



12 comments:
Elizabeth!! What wonderful news to share - and on a day devoted to Love, nonetheless. Just wanted you to know that our day was brightened upon seeing your pictures and reading your post. We are so happy for you & Eric... what a joy it is seeing you two so obviously in love! Blessings to you in this special season ~ we'll be thinking of you & keeping an eye on your blog for updates!
My heart is full of joy for you! Love you! Aunt Mary Lou
How WONDERFUL!!! You deserve all the happiness in the world! A huge congratulations to you, Eric and your precious kiddos.
Woohoo! Congrats!
i am crying. . . so happy for you i can't put it into words! you deserve the greatest man on the planet. .and from what i know eric just might be that! this is the best valentines gift i got all week! love you and am filled with joy for you!
Oh Elizabeth... I am elated .... flat out, beaming over your wonderful news! Your heart is incredible - and I cannot even begin to tell you how blessed I feel and encouraged to know you and have the joy of reading what you share on the blog. I am so excited for you -- Eric has found a most amazing woman of God in you... and from what you've shared & what I'm reading from others' comments too... he is a most amazing man of God. Oh dear Friend, I am so excited for you both to begin this new life together. I keep hearing - and believing - 2011 is a year of transitions.. beautiful ways to see God at work. And your news is definitely one I am praising Him for tonight! Love you & am sending you a giant hug with overjoyed, "Congratulations!!!" :) :) :)
Congratulations Elizabeth and Eric! We couldn't be happier for you :) WOO HOO!!!!
Yeah!!!! So excited and overjoyed for you. Congrats to you both!
Elizabeth!! O my goodness I'm totally starting to tear up! I'm SO happy for you!! Wish we could talk and giggle about this over a cup of tea my friend!! :) Praise God for His perfect providence and love. I'm so happy for you and Eric! LOVE YOU so much!
YEAH!!! I love this and am so excited!!!
Congratulations Elizabeth! What exciting news. Blessings to you and your family!
JoEne
I'm a little late in reading this, but a HUGE congratulations to you both!
Post a Comment