Monday, March 9, 2009

A few of their favorite things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...ok, not quite, but Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies! Much to our chagrin, winter has decided to hang on a little longer, so I thought I'd show you a few of Grace & Isaac's favorite indoor pastimes.

Cooking. Just about anytime I'm in the kitchen, the kids ask if they can cook with me. They even have little aprons, thanks to Nana Lucy. I think Isaac is actually wearing Grace's here...



Elmo. Who knew this fuzzy little creature could keep even Isaac entertained for an entire episode? Not to mention teaching them how to hop on one foot, wash their hands, the difference between fast & slow and more! I laughed with a few friends when Eli was born saying I would have to try to train the kids to sit and watch tv as they've never been interested in it before. Well, thanks Elmo, apparently you're just what they needed!




Reading, reading, reading. Current favorites include: Goodnight Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown, Jamberry, by Bruce Degen, and Whoever You Are, by Mem Fox





Dance Parties (preferably without clothes) to Ingrid Michaelson, Wailin' Jennies, and when they're really feeling feisty, even Beyonce! Rest assured, their kid favorites include We Are the Dinosaurs, The Hokey-Pokey, Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes, The B-I-B-L-E, and Ring Around the Rosie.




Playing in water. Whether it is washing their hands over and over in the sink (thanks again, Elmo),pretending to cook or give their toys baths in the tubs pictured below, or taking baths themselves, G & I love water. We're looking forward to spring when they can do some serious puddle jumping! For now, they wear their rain boots around the house.





Outings to Mobius Children's Museum, Jump & Party, and play dates with friends. This picture is with their buddy AJ, taken at his birthday party.



Since they really are outdoor kids, most days we take a walk and end up on campus at Whitworth so they can run around & get some energy out! I have yet to remember the camera on one of our winter walks.

Last, but certainly not least: Eli Hope. Grace & Isaac love their little brother and enjoy giving him hugs & kisses, poking him, bringing him toys, and "helping" me bathe him and change his diapers. I think they're ready for the day when he can actually play with them - I guess they'll be waiting awhile yet.





9 comments:

earl sullivan said...

goodnight moon is such a great book...

The Boggs Family said...

Loved this post, Elizabeth! Soooo cute. You come up with the best ideas & are an utterly incredible Mom!!! Great call on those books; my kids love Goodnight Moon & Jamberry too - hadn't heard of "Whoever You Are" yet but will look for it! :) Love and giant hugs to you all. P.S. Eli is so stinkin' cute!! He looks JUST LIKE YOU!!!...

Jill said...

The kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Code 3 Apps said...

Wish Kolby could be there to play too! As you know he loves the dance parties, but I don't think he's ever had one naked...maybe something new to try! I think Eli looks a little like Papa in the second pic, it might just be the hair, he's getting so grown up and adorable!!!

Keith and Meghan said...

The naked dance party reminds me of Katie and Adam when they were LITTLE at camp! I'm pretty sure they primarily danced to Neil Diamond :) What a fun post, you are super mom, all those creative indoor ideas! WOW!
Love ya :)

Ellen said...

sooo sweet! You have a gift with words and in telling their story through pictures. I love my sweet babies! See you soon!

ml said...

Wow-what a treat-new pics-so fun! The kids are so full of joy! It's obvious they are having fun just being kids and exploring-lucky to have you for a mom! I love to see how they are all changing-it's fun to see Eli's red hair! Love you!
AML

McMurrays said...

Loved this post. . great indoor ideas! Lucia loves to cook, LOVES ELMO, and books too! We need to get them together! Love you and I have trade diapers for you:)
LOVE the red hair. . every family needs a red head!
Darcy

Kelli said...

Those are all my favorite books too. I will come over to have reading time soon! Midterms this week, then spring break but April outings we can count on. Much love.