Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas in Toddlerville

We celebrated Christmas a day early, as Micah had to fly out early this morning to get back to work. It was pretty wild, but lots of fun with three toddlers running around. As you'll notice, Grammie bought matching jammies for the kiddos.

Grace has learned to "smile" for the camera. Notice the bits of cinnamon roll around her mouth...


Isaac singing me an early morning song.


It sure is hard to get a good group shot with this many little ones!




Eden Elizabeth, wide eyed and happy.


They all love to read and were quite engrossed in Kolby's new truck book.


Grace & Isaac have been infatuated with Baby Eden and love to cuddle with her. I actually think it has been a great way to transition them to having a baby around. Thanks for being so patient Eden!


With as much as the kids love music, I thought an instrument set would be the perfect gift this year. Now with the tambourines, maracas, cymbals, clappers & all, I'm not so sure. Here is Isaac enjoyin the cymbals as he marches around the living room.


Trying out her new magna doodle on Dad's lap.


Kolby & Mom


These gifts were the hit of the morning - at least for the adults. They are singing animal puppets, each animal sings in his own animal sound. Here are my folks and Micah practicing their animal quartet.



I hope you have enjoyed celebrating the birth of Christ with your loved ones today. I am ever grateful for our Savior and have been reflecting more than usual on his mother Mary this advent season...the ways in which she trusted in God, rejoiced in His love & faithfulness, and was aware that the child within was a sacred gift. While I am certainly not carrying the Christ child, in these last few days of waiting, I too am overwhelmed by God's love and faithfulness and the gift of this child. May His peace be with you.

3 comments:

ml said...

I was just about to call my sister asking "have any pictures?" What a precious gift these photos were- I LOVE the matching jammies...what a precious window into your day. THANK YOU--we are with you in spirit these days "Lizardbref" --we love you all!!(for those who do not know my son Jonathan previously referred to Elizabeth by the above!)

Jamie said...

i love these pictures...i am eagerly awaiting great news from you! I miss you dearly my friend. And, I think it might be a Grammies' job to buy matching jammies for the grandkids...at least that's how it works in our house too. Love you

The Roberts Family said...

What a fun Christmas celebration with all those beautiful kiddos (and the adults aren't too shabby lookin' either!) Just wanted you to know we are thinking about you & excited to hear news of your little addition!! Blessings to you!