Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mary Jane's Farm

The kids & I are down in Moscow visiting Grammie & Poppa for a few days. This evening we all went out to Mary Jane's Farm. If you are not familiar with Mary Jane's Farm, you should check out the website. We had a great time exploring, picking berries, and just being outside together on a summer evening.



Grace & Isaac have discovered hammocks this summer & love to play on them. The only trouble is when they flip over!



Grace loved all of the berries, but especially the fresh strawberries.



Picking rasberries Grace-style...if you look closely, you can see the nasty mosquito bites she got at camp earlier this week.



Exploring with Poppa



The kids love animals & Isaac especially enjoyed his first experience with chickens.



They love being together



My beloved Palouse





Mary Jane has a number of outdoor bed & breakfast style lodgings that guests can come and use. As you can see, they are unique and beautiful. I know I would love to stay sometime.

While Mary Jane's has really taken off (food products, magazine, linens & more), the fun part for me is that I grew up going out to the farm when it was just their house. Mary Jane's daughter, Megan, was one of my best buddies - particularly in middle school & early high school. I remember many nights sleeping out on the trampoline & various adventures out in the country - including the outhouse! Megan and I lost touch for a few years but have reconnected in the past couple of years and have had a blast visiting each time I come to town. Her daughter Stella is just a few months older than Grace & Isaac, and she will be having her second child just a couple of months after our new little one arrives. What fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww what a beautiful place Mary Jane's Farm is...thanks for sharing-I agree I would love to visit her place! It is such a JOY to take a peak into your daily life through your blog-you have a true talent for "blogging"....thanks for giving me that warm feeling of being a part of your life-love you-Aunt ML

Unknown said...

how we loved our time with you and our precious Grace and Isaac. The pictures capture a bit of the special time we had with you here.
Love you all,
Mom

Jill said...

Are still in Moscow? We'd love to get together!

McMurrays said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I love the first pic of Isaac in the hammick. He is such a hansome little boy. How are you feeling. . .are you showing at all yet? Miss you!
Darcy