Isaac took huge bites & even tried to eat the rind!
I have never seen Grace go after any food with as much spunk & enthusiasm as she did with watermelon tonight!
Krista & Grace
Matt & Isaac - Isaac had been "helping" with the grill
Last week the Colbert youth were up working on Service Crew at camp, so our whole family joined them at camp for part of the week. Joe spent a good deal of time with the youth, but we were able to sneak in some fun family time as well. The kids love to be at camp - especially the waterfront. The beach is the only place around camp where I don't have to chase them, they are content playing in the water & sand for hours.
Isaac & Daddy
Sweet Grace
The only trouble was that both kids, particularly our little man, thought they'd like to eat sand. They kept piling it in their mouths then realizing how gross it was & trying to spit it out. Over & over & over.
More sand eating.
Not much cuter than little munchkins in swimsuits.
Joe is away at Beyond Malibu with a group of ten youth for the next ten days. He left early this morning, was scheduled to have a long day of travel today & should arrive at base camp sometime tomorrow. Malibu is WAY up north in Canada & you can only get there by boat or plane. If you've never heard of Beyond, you should check out their website - they'll have an incredible adventure to be sure, hiking, rock climbing, solo time, small group living, and mountain top experiences. I am so excited for Joe & for the group, I only wish I could be there too! We miss him already & will look forward to hearing all about the journey when he returns.



5 comments:
I wanted to let you know that I read your blog from time to time, Elizabeth, and that I have meant to tell you "Congratulations" on what I imagine to have been shocking news. No, I'm not talking about that Grace and Isaac like ice cream (though, would that be shocking? ;))! Seriously, congratulations. It's evident that you are a very gifted mother, so I'm glad for your surprise.
lesley-anne
OH my gosh!!! I just now am getting caught up on your blog & read your most amazing news --- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! No way?!!! That is incredible & absolutely crazy, oh my gosh, I can't imagine how busy you are going to be - and already are!- but what a joy and blessing it is that God is giving you another miracle! I love all your pics and reading about your family. Hang in there during these next 10 days while Joe is out of town --- I just went through a week with Ken gone and it is tough, but God's grace is always more than enough...
So awesome Joe is at Beyond with his youth group. What an amazing experience for those kids they will be forever changed. We will pray for a powerful trip and a great time! We will be up at Malibu in August with the whole fam . . aaron is speaking for a week. I can't wait it is my favorite place on earth. You are an amazing wife to be so supportive!
Love the beach photos. . those two could not get any cuter.
Miss you,
Darcy
Congrats on the new baby! We have had our share of pregnancy adventures in the last 3 years, so I am so excited for you! Your twins are adorable; my husband prays that we have twins almost daily, since he's had to wait so long for a baby... so if he gets his prayers answered, I'll be needing your advice. So glad to see you doing so well! ~Alicia
Hey,guys! Congratulations on your upcoming arrival. WOW...I can't imagine, but I know(and see thru pictures on your blog) that you are doing an amazing job with your little ones. They are so cute! Take care...hopefully we will see you again soon.
Blessings,
Marlene & Cory
Post a Comment