Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sick in Spring?!

Poor little munchkins have had the stomach bug (again) this week. I can hardly believe they've had it twice in the past four months. The nurse said they've seen a huge amount of these nasty viruses this spring. It sure isn't any fun. I am grateful that they seem to be almost back to themselves - their appetites are back, as well as their fun personalities.




Even though Grace was feeling much better yesterday, she was still a little on edge...she wanted her soother & her puppy with her all day & threw a fit anytime anyone took either one from her.




If you know Isaac, you know this is not a typical scene. Poor guy sat on Joe's lap all morning a few days ago. He had a fever & was really lethargic; although we hated knowing that he felt so rotten, it was kind of sweet since we rarely get cuddle time with the wiggle worm.



I had to post a couple of pictures from the fun that we had outside the day or two before they came down with the crud.


Gracelynn tends to be more interested in the rocks, leaves, & twigs she finds on the ground than any outside toys we have. She really loves to give people things right now. "Here Mom, isn't this a pretty leaf?! Sorry it's kind of slobbery..."



Isaac has spent many an afternoon on his cool new bike from his buddies Adam & Collin down the street. Here he is posing with his tough guy face on.


We are glad that the kids are better for their own sake, but also because the Holmes family is in town & we are looking forward to some fun with cousin Kolby!! The kids & I are headed down to Moscow today to spend the rest of the week with Grammie, Poppa, Aunt Lindsey & Kolby while Joe & Micah go on their annual guys weekend. Shoud be a good week for everyone.

2 comments:

McMurrays said...

love the bow in Grace's hair!!! She is so precious. I secretly love cuddling with my boys when they are sick. . so glad everyone is feeling better. It has been a rough Spring with sick kiddos. I have never been to the Pedrician's office so many times.
Have fun with the family.
Darcy

The Boggs Family said...

So sorry to hear your kiddos have the stomach bug too --- I think the hardest part is knowing how uncomfortable your kids are and not being able to make it go away fast enough. I hope you are all feeling better & we are praying for you guys. I too love the bow in Grace's hair! She is adorable! She has the most stunning blue eyes, just like you, and she looks just like a mini you too! :) Isaac is such a cutiepie as well and looks all-boy on his little trike. :) Have a great weekend. Would you ever want to get together for a play date once the kids are back to feeling healthy?